XOG Update Version 1.8.0
Do NOT use the memory card with your mapping data to load the software update. Please use a different memory card for software updates.
Please make sure the XOG is FULLY CHARGED before attempting to update the unit. It is harmful to the unit to shutdown during the update process.
SD 2.0 memory cards will not work with the XOG. This includes all SD memory cards over 4GB in size, most 4GB, and some 2GB memory cards.
Notes: You must use a blank SD/MMC memory card that is at least 128MB.
Mac OS X users may need to reapply the execute permissions to the stand-alone installer after it has finished downloading. To reapply the execute permissions, open a Terminal window, and type the following command (this assumes you downloaded the file to your desktop):
chmod +x desktop/XOG-full_180.command
Prerequisite: Java must be installed on your computer for the installers to operate. If you do not already have a Java JRE or JDK installed, please visit the Java website.
- Insert a memory card without mapping data into your XOG.
- Power on your XOG unit and wait for it to complete its startup, and then connect it to your computer with a USB cable.
- Click on the "Install This Update From the Web" link below.
- Wait for the Java web installer to download and run. Follow the Lowrance update installation instructions. During the installation process, you will be asked to select the drive associated with the XOG. When the installer finishes you will be prompted to click Finish to exit.
- Stop/Eject the USB Mass Storage Device associated with the XOG. For Windows, you can do this by opening the "Unplug or Eject Hardware" icon. This icon is located on the Windows toolbar near the clock (typically the very lower right-hand corner of your screen), and appears as a green arrow over the top of a small gray box. Once this is opened, highlight the USB Mass Storage Device and click the "Stop" button. Then in the new window, highlight the "Lowrance XOG USB Device" and click the "OK" button. For Mac and Linux, simply dismount/eject the drive associated with the XOG.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the XOG.
- Turn your XOG unit off. Make sure to turn the unit completely off, and not just standby mode.
- Turn your XOG unit back on. The software update will automatically install. The installation process could take a long time to finish - please do not press buttons or turn off the XOG during the installation process.
- After the XOG update has finished, reconnect it to your computer via USB, and delete the update files from the XOG.
If your computer experiences problems with the web installer, try using a stand-alone installer. Note: Do not download this installer to your unit - save it to your computer and run the installer to load the necessary files to the unit.Simply choose the appropriate operating system below:
How to see if your XOG is already using version 1.8.0 software:
PC Win98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista | Mac OS X | Linux
What changes are made in this update?
- Select the MENU icon on the display of your XOG.
- Select "Options".
- Select the third tab, "Page 3".
- Select "Device Information".
- The software version for your unit is located under the line that says "XOG".
- If your version is the same version listed above, there is no need to download the software.
- Support new chipset
- Includes all features from previous updates, including:
- Improved "GPS time to first fix" speed
- Added waypoints for the sample satellite imagery and BLM data
- Added Nautical to the Units of Measure page under Speed/Distance
- Added a "Reverse" route button to the edit route page, replacing the autosort button in straight line
- Safety mode disabled in Straight Line navigation mode
- Added a delete button in the Picture Viewer for deleting the currently viewed picture
- Modified Leap Year calculations
- Modified backlighting during standby mode
- Modified browse music page to include entire last row of icons
- Modified waveform display in music player to be visible against black background
- Modified support of "Skins" loaded from an SD card
- Enables support with MapSelect.com
- Modified address searching
XOG update software will run on any Java-enabled machine running Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista, Mac OS X, or Linux.